*Wanted* Older Style Left Hand Tap NS 5/8" 16

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: *Wanted* Older Style Left Hand Tap NS 5/8" 16
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 12:26 am:

I would like to build another set of roller dies for my Niagara bead Roller. The Rollers have both a right and a left threaded rollers. I have the right threaded tap already. Does anyone have a left 5/8" 16 left tap in their stash.
This is also known as the NS or UNS standard probably pre 1939.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 12:29 am:

Sorry, Stuck this in the wrong spot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 02:56 am:

Probably get more "action" here than on the classifieds, I wouldn't call this the "wrong spot."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 04:28 am:

Fred, that's a very odd size, never seen any listing as such, 5/8" LHT in 14 or 18, yes and still available new but 16 doesn't come up on any of my old machine shop listings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 07:42 am:

Try: Kromhard Twist Drill Co. in Akron Ohio. Phone: (330) 535-7129 If they don't have it, you can't get it. When restoring my "S" they had the odd size taps and dies that I needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 08:03 am:

If you're making roller dies you must have a lathe. Come on, man up and single point those threads. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 06:17 pm:

Yes that's an odd size for sure. I don't feel very confident about cutting inside threads this small.
Last time on the lathe I kept getting chattering and messed the project up big time. Thanks Bruce I'll try Kromhard for sure.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration