Firewall brackets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Firewall brackets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 07:23 pm:

My '21 has a wooden firewall. I'm pretty sure that the brackets I have are for a metal firewall. Can anyone show a pic or two comparing the two, please? thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

Tommy, Donnie Brown posted this pic a few times.

You could potentially use a spacer between your metal dash brackets and the wood dash (firewall) as used on some cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

Bracket with spacer:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

Brackets for metal used on a car with wooden firewall would push the body too far back, so no spacers in that case - correct brackets for wooden firewall are needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 12:57 am:

Chad, you have it a bit mixed up. Wooden firewall brackets can be fitted to a metal firewall using spacers to compensate for the thickness of the wood. The reverse will not work. If Tommy has brackets for a metal firewall, he needs to find the correct wooden firewall brackets.

Hope this helps,
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 05:57 am:

Oops, my mistake guys. Roger and Allan are correct.

But the pictures are right at least to show what is going on.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration