Seems you like old photos.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Seems you like old photos.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sheller on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

Here is a photo from my grandfathers collection. Sunnyside, Washington. It's a polo tournament.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 08:03 pm:

I'm waiting to hear what year this car is!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 08:11 pm:

Brian,

Assuming the guy in the car is your grandfather I suppose he had his kid(s) already or you might not be here. :-)

It looks like a high radiator and I don't see a coil box on the engine, so maybe a 1925? Of course, it could easily be a "put together" using parts from several years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 08:15 pm:

I think i see leather straps on the front axle just like Mark's T . Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

We do like old photos. If the front spring/motor mount is correct for that car it is 1921 or before. The round gas tank and low radiator would be '17 to '23.
We have seen some of these "Polo" cars before. They are very interesting.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 08:45 pm:

Hello Brian,
I have the book your Grand Father penned. A fantastic insight into the Ford Dealership he had in the Model T era. I bought the book when it was first advertised in the Vintage Ford magazine, back in the 1970's.
Best regards, John Page, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 08:46 pm:

Yes!! We love old photos. They sure lowered the steering column on that T. Dating the chassis, doubtless it's from before Dr. Sulk developed the polo vaccine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Granger, Washington on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

I would love to have a pair of coveralls like the guy on the left has.
How about a picture of your dad's polo car?
Say hello to him for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 09:38 pm:

Round fellow wheels​ and over axle wishbone. Clues all point to 1917 if everything was from the same car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

Note the coveralls on the fellow on the left:

Sheller Motor Co.
Ford
Service

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

What a fun book to read. I enjoyed it greatly.Really interesting stories and very well written. Your Grandfather was a very interesting person..Cheers, John in Nova Scotia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sheller on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

Not my grandfather in the picture. He owned the dealership that sponsored the tournament during Ford days.
That is a fantastic book. I think I've read it more than a dozen times.
I'll try to get a pic of my dads polo car next time I'm in town.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt cwynar on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Brian I just finished reading your grandfathers book and I was wondering do you have any pictures of his logo Reasoning Ross?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration