Ford script Z head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ford script Z head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

Did Z heads have Ford script on them? When?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

Yes, it was probably just a mold identification marking among others - no different combustion chamber than in all the other high heads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 12:00 am:

Dean,
I see that the photo on Langs site shows no script. I can't remember the full story on the script, I think something to do with the cost of royalties? but yes they are around with the script, I have 3 on cars that have script although it was several years ago that I had bought a new one. I also have a unused alloy HC low head with the script, made by Parker, I think?.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 12:01 am:

:-) Never mind. I can edit a post but can't remove.

(Message edited by redmodelt on May 18, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 12:24 am:

Ouch, answered the wrong question, I thought Dean was asking if Ford made heads with the Z marking - and yes they did.

Nowadays Ford wants a lot of license money for using their name even on limited number articles for the vintage market, thus many repro part makers avoids using the Ford name on their part unless necessary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 12:42 am:

Z HC heads don't have the scriptFord require a royalty fee for each part.
For a while ford script on some model A part said "fool" in script.
If I could get like parts cheaper leave script off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 01:29 am:

I can confirm that in 2011 Z heads did have Ford script. Perhaps they decided to stop paying royalties?

I preferred the Z over the P because of the Ford script.

Wish the Sherman would be put back into production.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration