OT - 110 years ago - Ford Model K roadsters expected, great things expected from Ford in competition.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - 110 years ago - Ford Model K roadsters expected, great things expected from Ford in competition.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 08:33 am:

By late spring, 1907, the "improved" Ford Model K touring car was in the hands of some dealers. Below, Cleveland Ford Branch Manager Roseboro anticipates the upcoming hill climb, planning to enter three Fords. G. H. Flanders, FMC production manager, is also mentioned visiting Cleveland. Flanders will leave Ford eventually, joining partners Metzger and Everitte to produce the EMF and Flanders automobiles.

Ford is poised to have a huge day at a nationally known hill climb event:

More to follow...... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 01:18 pm:

Two days later, Manager Roseboro touts the six cylinder Ford's sold. It's interesting that the sixes are picked up at Detroit and driven back to Ohio. From articles I've read, it appears six cylinder Fords were in demand, just as with Model N and R, and often branch managers were waiting for delivery of cars from the Detroit.

Manager Roseboro is anxiously waiting for delivery of his first K Roadster, and it will arrive just before the upcoming hill climb. I believe Ford branch stores sold a good portion of FMC's Model K. Unfortunately, we don't have sales records (ledgers) from Ford branches during this period:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 08:01 pm:

Any notion as to what castings Mr Flanders brought to Cleveland?
And here I thought stock car racing started so many years later...
I love these articles!
The way I read it is the big Touring "has been doing great stunts as a speedster." as the 6-40 Runabout wasn't there yet. Cool.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration