OT - list of U.S. uto manufacturers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - list of U.S. uto manufacturers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 09:10 am:

Another thread discussed early automobiles produced in the U.S., and I thought this a good compilation of past automakers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_automobile_manufacturers_of_the_ United_States

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 09:14 am:

I wish we could edit the title of threads. I also tried to delete this post almost immediately so I could "fix" the titles, however I've never been able to delete a post.

Oh well, I'm sure readers are able to guess what I meant... :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 11:22 am:

What is an uto?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 11:46 am:

:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

Its the "english" way of saying auto. I thought you were from across the pond Rob when I 1st seen it. The "K" rules!
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

Must be a kid thing!
Maybe a list of you toos?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

unidentified traveling object? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 12:44 pm:

The Hyman list is long too with some you don't see there and vice versa. His list isn't specifically "defunct" so that may be the difference:

https://hymanltd.com/complete-car-list/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 01:04 pm:

You guys are a tough crowd..... :-)

Walter, part of the difference may be the Hyman list included non U.S. produced cars. A good list. I like that the first list includes years of manufacture/sales.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

Yup, sure enough. I didn't catch that. A combination of the two without duplicates must be huge.

(Message edited by Wmh on May 18, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 07:51 pm:

Its been a while since I've seen this list. I enjoyed going over it again. The thumbnails were great, but I wish they had pics of each one of the cars list to observe and compare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

Having starting my 30 years with GM in Saginaw,Mi at the plant built for Rainier in 1907 i really enjoy the link!! Bud. When i clicked on Shawmutt it said the page had not been created yet? I know as Model T people the Shawmutt is very important!! Bud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration