Ecklerís/Macís may be trying!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ecklerís/Macís may be trying!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 01:23 pm:

Long Story -

In August of last year I ordered about $200 of Model A parts from Macís. I usually order T parts from Langís and A parts from Snyderís but I used Macs in this case because it was easy to identify what I needed from their catalog.

I expected to get them in about a week but to my surprise they came in multiple shipments from different places. After about two weeks, I called to get an update on the missing parts and could not get reasonable answer. I was thinking Ėnever again- and even considered cancelling the remainder of the order. It finally took 4 weeks to get them all.

Then on May 2nd of this year I got an email from Eric Tjapkes at Ecklers saying that they made a mistake and didnít charge me for part of the order. I had to wait until the weekend to check my credit card statements because I was traveling. I saw that they were correct and I also saw that they had charged me a slight amount more for one of the items.

Next, I told Eric that he was correct about not charging me and as I was questioning him about the overcharge he told me that they were going to give me a $20 gift certificate. I asked if the certificate could be applied to the current bill and he said that it had not yet been issued because the customer service department was backed up, therefore he couldnít. I asked if we could wait until the gift certificate was issue before charging my account and a day later I got an email with a certificate number. I quick email and it was applied to the previous bill.

I learned my lesson -- Iíll stick with Snyderís and Langís from now on

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 04:49 pm:

Now Fred, You know better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

I'm pretty fed up with Amazon for splitting my orders into separate shipments. If I order five items, they'll ship five boxes over a period 3-5 days. I don't see how they make money doing that. And don't say join Prime! ☺ I should't have to pay extra for service I should be getting anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 08:30 pm:

Different sellers AND different locations MAY account for the different boxes from different places. Amazon is merely the "middleman" for many items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 09:08 pm:

I don't mind Amazon as long as I get the stuff in a reasonable amount of time and am able to get some info about the shipment. They even give me a bunch of cardboard boxes to recycle.

Taking Over 30 days to get an a order, being blown off when asking for info, and a billing problem puts Macs at the bottom of my list. I will never order from them again. NEVER! But their catalog is great! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 09:29 pm:

Mac's one advantage has always been the excellent illustrations in their catalogue. But they're losing that advantage now that Martin's drawings are appearing in Lang's catalogue. I expect there will be a lot more of them in the next issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 07:42 am:

I think I am in the minority, but I seldom order from Amazon. They will always have these "free shipping on order over $XX" deals, but the kicker is it all has to come from the same place to get the free shipping. The first time it happened, I bumped up the quantity to get my free shipping, but I don't like playing into their hands, so now I refuse to do it. Seems like whatever you are looking at, the free shipping is JUST out of reach. By design I'm sure. Crafty little devils. As for Prime, I think they are trying to force that one on people. I'm not a Prime member and the last time I ordered something, it came from 3 different places. None of it came within a week and the last box took 3 weeks. I really think they are trying to make me join Prime saying I could have had it in two days if only I had been a Prime member.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

Hal, I agree with you.

I have a friend that lives in the middle of nowhere that uses Amazon Prime for a bunch of stuff. He claims that it is the modern Sears Roebuck. Most orders are delivered in two days or less and since he orders a lot he dosen't have to watch how much he orders each time.

On the other hand Buzz Aldrin introduced my son to Jeff Bezos about a week ago so Amazon is on my like list for now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 10:16 pm:

I make it a point to only order items Sold by Amazon or at least "Fulfilled by Amazon". The three times I didn't was three times I had to send the item back due to damage, inop or wrong item.

Amazon will hold an order for 3-4 days or more before shipping. I placed an order on the 17th (AM) and it hasn't shipped yet. The order says it will be shipped on the 22 and should arrive the 27th. That's 10 days! And they have a huge fulfillment center about 50 miles from here.

I get items from Ebay sellers faster than that. I ordered a digital day/night rifle scope one evening. It arrived Priority Mail on the third day. They must have packers working all night and get things mailed the next morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

The upholstery I bought from Lang's came in a shipping/packing box that was labeled 'Mac's', huh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 12:53 am:

Mac's owns and operates Cartouche, the company that manufactures these kits which are sold by Lang's and Snyder's and Macs. jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 02:54 am:

Considering the quality that Classtiques offers, I don't understand why Lang's sells the Cartouche ones.
No I have no financial interest in ANY of the above mentioned enterprises!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 03:34 am:

I asked Don Lang that very question concerning Cartouche vs Classtique. He said they tried working with Classtique, but they totally backed them up to where they couldn't make the delivery demands...unfortunately Cartouche could and did...so they use Cartouche.

The main difference between Cartouche and Classtique (besides the quality) is that Cartouche makes everything in kit form in large quantities (in other words, they're what is supposed to be required for whatever year the kit says it's for). Whereas Classtique makes their kit per customer, to accommodate those little nuances that every Model T (as we all know) isn't exactly alike, which makes for a better product. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 07:17 am:

And it makes a difference as to what body manufacturer made the assembly of parts that rests on a Ford Chassis.
Different bodies (Boudett, etc), have slightly different dimensions in some areas.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration