Old photo - Look what powers this T...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old photo - Look what powers this T...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 02:57 pm:

One dog power!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 03:22 pm:

Looks like it was a RHD car. The windshield looks like the Canadian version

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

Cowl and fenders are not standard issue either! Clearly in part a model T, but not a common standard one. Australian maybe? Could be any of several after-market body and/or fender offerings also.
ABC built several body and fender kits, but none I recall that looked quite like that. Ames did build a body similar to that one. There were several others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cliff Colee on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 07:19 pm:

I wonder how many "dog power" the powerplant is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

It is Australian. Maybe someone from down under can comment on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 08:15 pm:

Yep, it's a Australian Silky Terrier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

Looks Australian to me. The silky is one clue. The timber in the background looks to be mainly eucalypt. It is RHD. I have never seen that style of windscreen on a Duncan and Fraser car. The body moulding line is typical of Tarrant cars. My Tarrant tourer has the same kick plate pattern, but on this car it looks like the splash aprons are concave!
Lots to consider.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 02:22 am:

The body appears to most likely be by Peel Ltd from Queensland going by the windscreen frame.

There is one which survives made into a roadster.

Hard to tell but the clothing on the people seems fairly recent so this car may be out there still or found not long ago.

peel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 02:31 am:

Peter K, Thank you, for weighing in. I do see many details appear to be the same between the OP photo and the one you posted (including the fenders). I join you in the hope that the OP car has been saved and still out there to be seen again on the road.
I do like those Australian model Ts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Milne on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 02:42 am:

That's Greg's car from the honeycomb radiator service.

http://ftrs.com.au/pastime/1918_runabout.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 03:28 am:

Peter, your photo prompted a thought that the roadster looks like it was once a tourer, going by the vertical line which would have been the front of the rear door opening. Then John's post confirmed this. That is an interesting back story.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 03:33 am:

Peter,
The picture that is the subject of this thread is the Queensland Peel. That is how it was found by a Victorian couple, and was restored as a roadster.

Best regards, John Page, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 04:22 am:

Pity that a completely original tourer was butchered and made into a roadster which no doubt has reduced its value and its practicality.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration