Representing The Club

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Representing The Club
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 04:23 pm:

We will be participating in the 4th of July parade in South Pasadena this year. I've never been in a parade before and, this being Califunny, there is some paperwork to be filled out and many rules to be followed. Seeing as it'll just be me, my wife and some friends we are obviously a private party. However their paperwork asks what organization you will be representing. I had intended to just leave it blank but then I hit on the idea of representing the MTFCA. Anybody see any problems representing the club-- maybe putting the logo on the car? And by the way, the theme for the parade this year... "Freedom on the Road. Celebrating Route 66." How perfect is that? Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 04:54 pm:

Probably just old "Paranoid me", but in this litigious society just be aware that (Heaven Forbid) anything "bad" should happen, the barristers will come after all they see (or think they see), especially in your State....and if you put those letters on that form, I'll wager they'll go after that organization also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

You need to contact your local Model T club and ask if some of them would like to join with you and represent the local chapter. The chapter should have insurance to handle what your individual insurance companies don't cover.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

Hi Jerry. Sounds like it will be great fun!

But yes, Norman is correct. I assume you are a member of your local MTFCA chapter. Please contact them about whether they want to be shown as the organization you represent. They would have the information about chapter insurance. You would not want to list the MTFCA directly as the organization without going through your local chapter.

Questions, please let me know. Thanks!
susan@mtfca.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 09:05 pm:

Its funny how different parts of the country looks at things. I agree with Susan. We cant be to careful. We have a cabin in the U.P. of Michigan and was there for the 4th of July parade one year. People all along the route had water balloons and super soakers. When the fire department came by they launched their attack. The firemen were ready with the hoses and fired back. We watched as a little old lady was rolled by the firemen hose. My wife and I watched in amazement ! Just another parade there. We would still be in court in our town if we tried that. Jerry have a great time in the parade.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

Dallas, I really laughed at your offhand comment that it was just another parade for them. It really speaks volumes doesn't it? Well I won't let them rain on my parade, so to speak. Wait,it never rains in California... except when it does-- as it did this year. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 10:38 pm:

Get crazy and show up naked, after telling them you represent the
Nudists For Hillary Foundation.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration