Speedster Gas Tank

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Speedster Gas Tank
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

I need some help or ideas on how to attach the bottom drain to a Rootlieb gas tank. What have some of you tried that worked. If I use a torch and braze I think it will warp the tank. I am trying to fasten brass to metal, I think that could be the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated. Sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 07:53 pm:

Solder it on. Tin both surfaces first and then sweat them together. do not attempt to braze it.
If its bare steel, you could also silver solder them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

Sam
I believe that you will have the same consideration for attaching the filler (at least I did). I agree with Dan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration