Post pictures of your Luray Swap Meet finds, HERE

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Post pictures of your Luray Swap Meet finds, HERE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 08:54 pm:

Day #1 of the Luray swap meet was great. The heat was sizzling and so were the deals. Today, I found two things that were great finds for me. The picture of the rusty, unidentifiable sheet metal junk lying in the grass, is actually a belly pan for a 1911 2-cylinder Maxwell, model AB. It's very rough, but yet a VERY RARE part as these were thrown away MUCH QUICKER than the engine pans on a Model T. It's probably only good for a pattern, but at 25 bucks, I'm very happy.

In the other picture is an awesome Splitdorf manual that I needed for information on the Model H mag on my Maxwell. Also, there is a reproduction Ford sign and hanger, a set of stainless valves that are brand new for only $5, a set of Champion X replacement porcelains in the original boxes for $15 each, some manifold glands, some oilers that I'll use on my Maxwell, a brass era Mag post (That I still owe the seller $1 for and will pay him tomorrow!!) a roll of waterpump packing that Im hoping to use for packing the fuel line inlet on my Maxwell, an early brass body tag from the Parry Manufacturing Company which made wood truck bodies, and lastly, in the wooden box, is a bearing scraping kit, complete with three scrapers, two rock hard tubes of lapping compound, and a tube of blue dye.

It was a great day and if you didn't go, you are missing a great event.

So for those of us who went, post your finds here!!!!luray1luray2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

Here is my find. It's a little rough, but for the price I couldn't walk away. Glad I could help with the Splitdorf manual!box

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 10:36 pm:

Thanks for the photos. I would really like to make it someday. Maybe next year.... More pictures please....")

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 10:53 am:

Your Perry tag looks just like the one off my wooden T pickup bed! I think it was on the right front side--I haven't restored the bed yet, so I'd have to go look at the wood again for the mounting holes.I believe this is pre-merger with Martin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 03:09 pm:

David... you are correct!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Otto on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 03:46 pm:

Sorry guy no pics, but I grabbed a firewall and hoods for my enclosed TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 04:19 pm:

Day 2 kicked off with a couple more vendors showing up. Today, I bought a spare early water outlet for my 13 or 15 just to have as a back up and I also picked up an unusual timer that I've never seen before. As a last hurrah prior to leaving the show, I stopped by for one more visit with Greg Adams and decided to buy the Pan straightening table he had in the back of his pick up truck. It's pretty straight but needs some work and the accessories - most of which I can make on my lathe at home. Either way, it can be made new again without too much work.

luray3luray4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 05:52 pm:

Found these two tools also picked up my floor boards from Mr. Anderson. Great to meet him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

I would have bought that pan jig in a New York minute and hired 4 guys @ $50 each to carry it to my truck!

The bearing scrapers in the box are neat...I had a co-worker who inherited his grandfathers garage stuff. He showed me the tools and there was a bearing scraper. I told him what it was and he told me he thought it was something to open paint cans and punch holes in the lip! Yes he gave it to me.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

Nice Ford u-joint entering tool there, Robert !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 08:50 pm:

Thanks Steve. Now I have this one and the flat bar one as well.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration