The Birds have spotted my coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: The Birds have spotted my coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 11:41 am:

I always enjoy the people smiling, waving, giving thumbs up and commenting when I drive my Coupe.
Now the birds have started showing their appreciation of my restoration efforts. I suspect Dennis's parakeet might be thanking me for entertaining it while he was on vacation. This also may be a protective coating against the fowl weather.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 12:01 pm:

Just wait until the pelicans start appreciating it, you'll have a white, fishy smelling car! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 12:09 pm:

Apparently, the birds have an interest in purchasing your car. I see they've already put a deposit down on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

That could be Mike but I have been told it ain't worth S%#T. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

I think it must be the time of year. All three of our moderns live outside and all are being used as perches. Mostly in front of the mirror. Maybe it's mating season and they're worried about their appearance. I don't know. My wife read on the internet to cover the mirrors with plastic grocery bags, but that is a pain in the butt and didn't work. She has also quit putting food in the bird feeders, but that hasn't helped either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 12:40 pm:

Maybe they can keep your tires white!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Spadafore on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 01:56 pm:

I've got a cardinal that has taken to attacking its reflection in my mirrors too. It wouldn't be so bad if he weren't scratching the paint in the process. A friend told me about the trick with the grocery bags, but fortunately on the truck, the mirrors fold in. It actually works when I remember to fold them up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 02:34 pm:

Rich,

I apologize for my parakeets actions. When he came home from your house he brought a bag of seed with him that didn't belong to him and I asked him to return it. :-)

Better get that off the car before it ruins the paint!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 02:47 pm:

I hear that stuff is pretty slick, might they be trying to provide you with a better lubricant?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 04:21 pm:

You should be happy that cows don't fly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 07:48 pm:

A popular little ditty when I was growing up was,

"Birdie birdie, in the sky,
Drop a turdie, in my eye.
But I'm a boy, so I won't cry,
but gee I'm glad that cows don't fly"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

LOL :-)
Ok I get how the bird sh*t got on every thing except the rear end housing, bird musta flown under the car just for sh*t and giggles!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

Horse flies and house flies but not cow flies. Yeah, I can't explain the shtuff on the differential either. It's probably good I wasn't there at the time.
:-)
Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration