Who or what is near Wichita Falls, Texas?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Who or what is near Wichita Falls, Texas?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 10:22 am:

I'm here today. Is there anyone around here or any car stuff to see?

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Keith, I wish that I had more for you but I live 325 to 350 miles south. My 2003 MTFCI membership directory doesn't list any T club owners in Wichita Falls, but that was 14 years ago. There are probably members by now.

City website lists museums and auto racing as area attractions, but that is all the help that I can give. Plenty of oil wells, tumbleweeds, and rattlesnakes, though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

Yep I was born in Wichita Falls, raised in Burkburnett. Oil wells, tumbleweeds, and rattlesnakes.....one thing he missed- it's DEAD CENTER of TORNADO ALLEY!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 03:55 pm:

I just spent a week in Burkburnett, TX ....

Nice little town ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 04:03 pm:

You're right about the tornadoes, Gary. Anything east of the Texas-New Mexico border in North Texas, Oklahoma, and other central plains states are in the bulls eye. In recent years, the Southeast US has become included in the alley.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 05:47 pm:

Yesterday and the day before we had serious thunder, lightning, torrential downpours, and tornado warnings. Today it is sunny and clear.

Tomorrow we go to Dallas. Before we go home we'll see Dealey plaza, and the book depository...

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 06:21 am:

Besides the Wichita Mountains 40 miles north at Lawton, Oklahoma and the barbed wire fences there's NOTHING between Burkburnett, Texas and CANADA. When a Blue Norther rolls in the word COLD cannot describe it. During the summer I've seen 107 at 6am and 111 at 11pm. But as a native-born son of the Republic of Texas I can testify to you all IT IS GOD'S COUNTRY!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration