Would anyone have a picture of a 25 tailgate

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Would anyone have a picture of a 25 tailgate
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 01:14 pm:

Buying a 25 steel bed missing a tailgate would anyone be able to send me a picture of one so I know what to look for I assume it is different from the 26 - 27 thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 01:21 pm:

I think they are the same as the later ones but I have been told the earliest ones had no Ford script on them. Not certain on that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

Kenneth,

I have an original 25 pickup bed and the tailgate has the Ford Script. Send me your email and I will send you a photo of mine if you like.

DanielSnell2@twc.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 02:32 pm:

Kenneth: Daniel is correct, it has the Ford script.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 02:42 pm:

I have any early 25 pickup that I am sure left the factory as a truck and it does NOT have the script. I have only seen 3 gates that way. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 03:14 pm:

Click this link, might have a picture in there you can use.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Pickup+tailgate+picture+site:www.mtfca.com&source =lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjmrZjxlv_TAhUQ5WMKHT-tDCsQ_AUIBigB&biw=1191&bih=1 288

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

Interested in function more than looks but I wasn't sure if the 26-27 gate would fit and work on a 25 box

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

With the exception of the very first '25 production, all Model T tailgates are the same with a Ford script, and they are even used into the early '28 A's. After that, they redesigned the hinge and beefed it up, but it will still fit on a T. The first T pickups had no script.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration