Old Drips and Slips

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Drips and Slips
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

Today I won the coveted "Old Drips and Slips" Award at the Good Samaritan Society - Idaho Falls Village Car Show. It is determined by adding the age of the car and the age of the owner. The 1909 T gave me the edge. The prize was the "candy dish" shown on the running board.

There were 50 some entries, cars motorcycles of all kinds. A '34 Chevy was the second oldest car. I don't do a lot of shows but this one was fun. The only Model T was very appreciated by many young and old.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

Congratulations, Richard!

Hillsboro had their annual car show today as a part of their Homecoming festival. Betsy was also the oldest car present and got a trophy (not as neat as yours) for being the only car in her class.

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

That is great Mark. Isn't is nice they recognize the oldest?
I'll bet there were a zillion shows this weekend. Anyone else have a story?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

Rich, my score would be 164. Would I have come in second?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

Farm store where I buy my gas has been "down" for a couple of weeks while they re-worked their 24/7 self-serve pumps. They re-opened yesterday so I took Liz down to fill 'er up. I found we're essentially invisible to most folks except for small children who wave, and dogs who bark at us. Hannah remains aloof to their attention. There must have been a car show somewhere locally, on the way home, a neighbor pulled out of his place in front of us in a very shiny '72 Chev pickup, but he was going so slow we passed him. Either he was being very careful of his paint and polish or he wanted to see Liz. ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

They had some shows around here today. This was my first day at home since, Tuesday was out gown for meetings for my job. So all I got to do was wash the dirt and dust off of Rufus the raggedy 26 rpu and go get gas and change its oil but it was a great day because of it and I even mowed the grass and it was still great. Tim😊

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 10:29 pm:

John, definitely 2nd. 153 was next.
We have at least one show each weekend somewhere close. Sometimes there are 3 events to choose from. The cars bring good business to local interests. Nearly anything with wheels qualifies. Our car club puts on a Father's Day show and Swap meet that can reach 300 cars or more. If they benefit some cause we are more likely to support it. You never know what will show up.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 01:07 am:

I knew somebody somewhere could fix a Volkswagen! Dave in Bellingham,WA

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration