Looking for a curvy body

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Looking for a curvy body
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

Where does Langs get body parts from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

Probably from Rootlieb.

I've been looking for curvy bodies too, except they don't have wheels! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

-Tim-
Yes, 'Practice can lead to perfection!', and body work can be quite exciting and rewarding... (At least some of the time.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

Could be Howells

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

Oh boy, I'm thinking of some "interesting responses" but this IS a Family Forum!
Do be aware that "curvy bodies" tend to have high maintenance costs associated with them!
Zha-Zha was once asked what she did, "I'm a house-keeper; I've kept every house!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

Fenders I can locate. I guess I am looking for a cowl and tub (is that the correct word?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 03:25 pm:

The coupes up to the 24 model have a rather cute derriere! LOL :-) Check out those bun (quarter) panels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

For WHAT! You don't give any information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

Mark, geezz you are right. I hear the voices in my head so I assume you know what I mean.

I am looking for a 26 Roadster body parts information. I have found the Howells catalog and it has shed some light on the subject. I am trying to find some documentation about what makes up an entire roadster body. A list of all the components. i.e. what a BUN is or what is the tub called? I call it a TUB, but it is the sheet metal the surrounds the occupants of the car.

Is there a schematic diagram some place?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 05:05 pm:

T fenders are mostly made by Rootlieb.
A majority of T body panels are made by Howells.
Their may be a few other folks that build the sheet metal for T's but these 2 make the most of it.
I don't think anybody makes the cowls for T's yet. If your looking for what some people call a tub ( a T touring car body only ). Howells makes most of the panels to build one depending on what year.

Tub is to broad a term to use when describing which one you want. They aren't all exactly alike.

A 26-27 T Touring is probably the best to build a 'tub' since it doesn't have much wood used for the structure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 06:01 pm:

Your best bet it to get the 1927 body book put out by Ford back in the day. I haven't checked but the suppliers might carry them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 06:05 pm:

I thought maybe he was asking about a circa 1906 Tulip bodied Cadillac.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration