Suprise

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Suprise
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Leach on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 02:29 am:

Just pulled down a engine that came with a Ruckstell I picked up. This had been used as a stationary power unit. It had set in the open with no plugs in it so I didn't expect much. Would love to know the story behind this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 06:04 am:

Hi revver.... check out them lightened rods!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 07:57 am:

Is the bore std? Anything special done with the valves, camshaft or lifters? Is the head std? That's an interesting intake manifold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 08:10 am:

Bet it was once in a race car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 08:31 am:

Old home modified speedster engine. Check the valves - maybe it has larger Fordson valves?
Here's from the book "Model T Speed Secrets, The Fast Ford Handbook" by Murray Fahnestock. The book consists of reprinted articles by Fahnestock from the teens and twenties. Guess the drilling trick was used more on the older heavy rods before 1920, not recommended on the newer lighter rods, I'd say :-)

Klo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 08:23 pm:

Sweet! A great cackle with loads of torque!
Agreed. A racer or a speedster engine.
I had a cobbled together "header" on my T after getting it going and mobile.
I put a proper manifold on it and I lost a lot of power.
Neat find Craig! Uh huh, IF that engine could talk...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration