Do you know that this tool is?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Do you know that this tool is?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Elliott on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 01:52 pm:

Found this tool in a bunch of stuff and I would like to know what it does. I think it is come kind of resurfacer, as the end has a small cutting tool. It is adjustable for length that it can reach into a hole. Tell me what you think it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

Looks like a ventriculated separation retainer to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

Looks like an old water tap seat restorer. It should have a face cutter on the end for the old brass faucets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 03:09 pm:

Like Fred Miller says, it's a faucet seat dresser or bib face dresser. Makes faucet seats like new.

The snow flake piece on the end is a type of face cutter. They usually come with different sized interchangeable cutters that are disc shaped but I have seen them with the snowflake shaped cutter.

You can still purchase them at the plumbing supply shop, hardware stores and the big box home improvement stores.

I have one in the tool box and have used it on occasion on my 64 year old plumbing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Elliott on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

Boy are you guys good. Yes it is a faucet resetting tool. After I posted this I looked the item over and found a Name. It is a M B Skinner with a Pat. date of Aug 5 1922. Yes the cutter on the end is able to be removed and replaced with a long or smaller unit. It thread on.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration