This Ford Free

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: This Ford Free
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 09:07 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 09:13 pm:

I sent a letter.....

You never know, maybe the offer still stands. And Topeka is only two hours..... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

Topeka is only 7 miles frome here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 09:31 pm:

I am on my way to Topeka
I will be there in the morning to get mine.
I'll deliver my name in person.

I'll have my friends there so they can get one

I hope they don't have to,prove they are citizens of the US.
This is better than a government hand out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 09:43 pm:

Ok, its Topeka Kansas. Not Topeka Indiana. Guess Ill look for a postcard to send.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 03:14 am:

I wonder what the scheme was?
There are no free lunches - or free new Fords..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 04:47 am:

In the early era of the automobile, when everyone wanted one but perhaps couldn't afford one, I'm not surprised the times produced some scamsters! The Rhoads Auto Club will be one of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Rhoads on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 06:57 am:

That just might be the long-lost relative I've been looking for! The spelling is right, at least. Sign me up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 11:24 am:

It might be like the old story about the man who was completely fed-up with working on his Model T. So he took out an as in the paper that said "Free Model T Ford" and announced that he would park his car at the corner of 1st and Main with the key in the car. When he arrived to park the car, there were already six other Model T's parked there with keys in the dash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 11:47 am:

Agree to join the Auto club for X years at Y price per month.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

Many years ago I gave away an Alfa Romeo GTV "Kit Car"
It was the left over body from a project and came in two pieces front and back.

Car and Driver magazine had a free advertisement section for strange offerings so I sent them some copy with my name and address then forgot about it. A few months later, while on a business trip to Europe, they published the add.

When I got home I found A VERY upset/mad wife because a bunch of people got our telephone number and called. After a day of steady calls she disconnected the phone. Then the postman began delivering stacks of mail.

Some of the letters were hilarious - One person wanted to live with us while he put the car back together, and another wanted me to pay to have it shipped to California (we were in NY)

I kinda got out of hot water by letting her choose who got the car pieces.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

Well if those folks are still trying to give away a never used, latest model Ford touring cars I reckon a Focus would be the nearest thing to they would be given away. I will pass! Had 1 I inherited and it couldn't hold it's valve seats in it's head. :-(

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration