Late 1926 dark green cloth, slime green engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Late 1926 dark green cloth, slime green engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vieux Carre on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 09:29 am:

Hi,
After reading thru the 1926-27H encyclopedia entry, I decided to post some photos of my wife's bucket list item which she wants to rebuild. We discovered that the engine number matches the frame and refers to a December date.

1926 Model T rust

We found remnants of dark green cloth.

Dark green cloth 26 coupe

There is slime green paint all over the trans and engine but not a spot of black found anywhere.

Engine slime green

slime green trans

There is a pipe plug in the differential, a Holly NH carb, not the vaporizer, and black wood spoke wheels.
We are rebuilding it from ashes only two blocks away from the New Orleans assembly plant in Arabi, LA where it was first put together 90 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

Vern, it was assembled just two blocks away?
That's cool.
I do wish you'd update this thread with a couple pics from your site. :-)
You've done so much with that "relic". :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vieux Carre on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 10:35 pm:

Thanks Duey,
~not going to hijack your thread~
This is the Arabi, LA Ford assembly plant (New Orleans) that operated from 1923-32 I think. They built T's and A's right beside the Mississippi river for the South America market.
Yes our T was destroyed by both Hurricane Betsy (1965) and Hurricane Katrina (2005)
Vern
Ford assembly plant, New Orleans

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 11:33 pm:

Oh heck! I didn't realize your T survived Betsy too!
Silly question, how do you folks pronounce Arabi? Damned important plant, by the way. Our South American brothers are heavy into these T's!
Shoot, I'm up in Minnesota and I was raised to say Loo-eez-ee-anna and I don't believe that's quite right.
That water tank still standing is priceless.
Thanks for posting this Vern.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vieux Carre on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 12:03 am:

Air-a-bee
Loo-eez-ee-anna is correct.
Nawlins is too slang. NewOrlins is better.
I took that photo this past weekend.
Vern
Water tower, Ford assembly plant Arabi

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration