Need headlight info 26-27

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Need headlight info 26-27
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

I bought the tool to take the headlight rings off of my 26 roadster and put the new reflectors,gaskets and all in it. Really took it apart to put the purple headlights lenses in but now am stuck got on in with no issues but the tool slips off the drivers side every time I turn it. My question is does the lenses lock on in the same direction?? Might sound crazy but the other one was nothing and this one won't turn either direction. Thanks in advance. Oh and standing in front of the car I am turning it to the passenger side to loosen it.. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

Both of mine turn in the same direction. The ring on your light my not be seated right all the way around. I have taken mine off and on without the use of a special tool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 09:58 pm:

The new gaskets were stuck and the new tool flexes some so I tapped it inward with a hammer and it came off the tool had stretched some and the gaskets were really stuck. It's off now thanks. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Monday, May 22, 2017 - 10:12 pm:

Both turn counter clockwise . If I haven't had then off for awhile ,I grab the rim and squeeze it toward the bowl to make sure they are not rusted. Do that all the way around the rim for looseness, then press in and rotate left. If you see any rust on the the light edge that's covered by the rim, sand wipe and oil/grease to keep free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 11:10 am:

You don't need that tool. Do like George says. Push in, and rotate counter clockwise. My guess is that tool is probably ok on nickel rims, but it sure would mess up the paint on black ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 08:04 pm:

Thanks for the advise guys. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 09:13 pm:

Try wrapping a rag around the rim between the rim and the tool. That will keep from scratching the rim and also make the tool fit tighter.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skip Anderson, Bloomington, MN. on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

Best tool I ever used was a strap wrench. Same principle as an oil filter wrench except a woven cloth strap tightened around the whole rim and all that was needed was a push in and rotate counter clockwise.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration