OT - 1907 Ford out on a muddy road.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - 1907 Ford out on a muddy road.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 01:11 am:

They're made to drive....... (yes, I love the music....)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lz602msis58o1rt/Video%20May%2022%2C%2010%2056%2035%20P M.mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 03:27 am:

How do you control the drone and the camera?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 08:01 am:

The DJI Mavic has "active track" and "follow me" features. I was using "active track" (AT) on the video. AT uses the drones 3D camera to "lock" on an image and follow it. You can add other sub features like circle so the drone circles around the target while locked on.

"Follow Me" uses the phone/notebook (tethered to the controller) GPS to follow. I've read "Follow Me" will follow, even when line of sight is lost, such as driving under a canopy of trees, although it isn't as accurate on centering the subject in the frame.

I was going to try it last night but couldn't find the icon to start it. Much to learn....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 08:23 am:

No Mr. Thrifty a helium balloon with a brownie camera attached to the string will not work! :-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 08:25 am:

It is a trade-off, enjoyment vs keeping things perfect. I think you made the right choice. Tuco would have done the same.
Thanks for letting us in on the fun.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 10:41 am:

I kept waiting to see you pull onto a muddy road . . .
Neat video, thanks for sharing !! Wonderful to be able to follow that beautiful Model K !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 11:26 am:

I kept waiting for Clint to appear and stick out his thumb!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 11:43 am:

GOOD ONE Dennis S. You you nailed that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 11:50 am:

Very nice, Rob. A couple of questions: What happens when you're on the "follow me" feature, and you come to a bridge that's over the road you're on? In this video, the elec. wires & poles are on the other side of the road from the drone. What happens if the wires and poles cross over to the side of the road that the drone is on? Just wondering...

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

Hmmm. I wonder...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

Only problem with the Brownie movie camera is that you'd be forever stopping to reel in the helium balloon so you could wind up the drive.

Dick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration