In Weaver we trust

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: In Weaver we trust
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

https://books.google.com/books?id=VvRYAAAAYAAJ&dq=kim-ball%20hi-low%20transmissi on&pg=PA95#v=onepage&q&f=false

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 07:52 pm:

That is as scary as this - no?

Well, almost as scary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

I'm actually thinking of reproducing this Weaver. To make it affordable I'll be using Chinese chain and steel...any takers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 11:29 am:

Welding on a gas tank…….what will he think of next…..only thing missing is the toothless friend holding both of their beers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 11:32 am:

He has the rear wheel chocked... for SAFETY!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Always a favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL1AgOqnYYE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 07:29 pm:

The Weaver hoist does not bother me. As a Boilermaker heavy rigger, you have to trust your rigging and tools. Due to the nature of our business we are under heavy loads all the time. The general rule is to never get under anything suspended on hydraulics. But mechanical rigging such as chokers, chain hoists, com-a-longs, cribbing, chains, ect is OK. Just as long as you know your weight limits and maintain a 5 to 1 safety factor. But I may not be a good example, I have also welded gas tanks. I have welded many gas storage vessels while I was inside them. When working in a refinery, it is a very common occurance to be inside a vessel that had gas, diesel, kerosene, naptha, ect just a few hours before we arrived to fix a leak or other problem. Our line of work requires a very deep trust of your fellow workers or the techs checking the air/fuel level concentrations. Now the fellow sitting under that truck is not one of those guys. He is just an idiot.... have fun and be safe .....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration