24 or 25

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 24 or 25
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menteer on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

My roadster has some 24 parts and some 25 parts. I am trying to make it correct. Did all 25s have the 21" split rims or could it also be correct with 30s ? Also should the 25 have a 3 or 4 dip oil pan? thanks for advice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 07:36 pm:

All '25s have a four dip pan, which was introduced in 1924. I believe, but am not 100% sure that the 21" wheel option came out in late '24.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

The two years are very similar in many ways, but check the frame. In particular, look at the hand brake quadrant. 1924: four rivets; 1925: two rivets. The serial number will tell you the year of the engine, of course, but that could have been changed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

The change from a typical 1924 to a typical 1925 was gradual, the mentioned parts didn't change at the same time. What's your engine number?
30" clinchers were available as the standard alternative during 1925, 21x4.40" balloon tires was a very popular option that may have been ordered as default by many dealers.
Another '25 feature was less wood in the cowl area of the open bodies and even door hinges, also on open bodies, causing the door to lean downwards when opened.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 10:02 pm:

If you have an early in production 25 T you could have some 24 parts that were put on it.
Ford would do this to use up the previous years parts since they would fit.

It can be tough to get an accurate year for cars that were built 'just before' or 'just after' the new production year.

The cars that were built during the middle of the year are probably pretty close to being a 'correct year' car for the purist who is looking for one.

You could have a car that has a 25 engine no. but it probably has a few 24 parts on it if it was a late 24.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 12:07 am:

Other identifying clues found on most 25's are the use of slightly up turned rear fenders, the so called "commercial" front fenders and the 26-27 style of splash aprons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 09:58 am:

Don Skille has the earliest '25 I've ever seen. It's still all wood up front, but still has some '25 features.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 03:13 pm:

Seems to me the 26-27 splash aprons were the "boxy" type, very similar to the Model A's. I think the '25s were still the round style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 03:15 pm:

My '25 Sedan used the square style splash shields - I understand those were used on Sedans only.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

Okay, to clarify Charles..think we're both right..the encyclopedia spells it here. Shoulda read it first. I see you have a Tudor, so yours just may be the boxy type.

SPLASH APRON: Same as 1924. Near the end of production, aprons were “square”-shaped on the sedans, somewhat in the style of the 1926 models. This apron does not appear in the parts books, however, and it may not have been used on all production.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration