Changing reflectors, 1923 runabout

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Changing reflectors, 1923 runabout
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 07:52 pm:

Received my new headlight reflectors today and am ready to put them in. The problem is getting the rim/lense off. I understand the rim needs to be turned to disengage from the bucket but that isn't working for me. As I stand in front of the light do I turn the rim counter clockwise then pull toward me ? I can feel a little bit of movement when I turn the rim but it doesn't want to come off. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 09:21 pm:

First push, then turn anti clockwise as far as possible, then pull towards you. The spring you push against is really stiff and there may be rust that hinders movement, so it's not easy. An extra pair of hands may help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

Thanks Roger. I'll try that and see if I can get them off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

Roger, did what you told me to and it worked. I guess I just wasn't pushing hard enough earlier. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 09:57 pm:

Sometimes you can do it barehanded, and sometimes you need a tool.

I made this one that clamps around the rim.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration