What kind of T Roadster / Speedster is this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What kind of T Roadster / Speedster is this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derby Ahlstone on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Does anyone have any idea what kind of roadster/speedster this is this? Year? Sorry, these are the only photos I have.Speedster Photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 10:19 pm:

The pedals say 26-27. Being a speedster, of course, it has a lot of non-Ford stuff on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

Looks like a Mercury speedster - the cream of the crop among T speedsters :-)

Year - early/mid 20's.

Jarvis Ericson at modeltbug@aol.com could tell you more if you show him the pictures - he's the Mercury guru.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 10:31 pm:

And I agree with Steve - the pedals says '26-'27 for the transmission, though this looks like a modern restoration in progress, so it may be a mix of several years. No problem with speedsters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 10:41 pm:

I hope the spare tire holder has more bracing behind it then just the cowl metal! Neat looking rig.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

Buy it!

(Then, put Model T wheels on it)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 03:19 pm:

What kind of speedster is it. A really cool one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

Scott, as I wrote above, everything points to Mercury. Could be a copy, but probably an original. I think Jarvis has knowledge of between 65 and 70 survivors out of 1100-1700 made (unsure production figures)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 05:27 pm:

SWEET - So, did you buy it Derby ??????

Jarvis is the I.D. expert but early to mid 20's I'm assuming

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 08:10 pm:

Somebody came close but no cigar. The tail is too flat for a Mercury and looks a little short but they did put the "toilet seat" hatch on for trunk access. The cowl is too rounded and the filler pieces below the windshield fills it in. The side skirts are nice and the lower piece below the radiator is spot on. Fenders are close but front irons are not Mercury. Step plates look correct and probably reproduction.

Somebody did a really nice job building this but not a Mercury, came close to the untrained eye and will fool many. I have Mercury #139 and can tell that this is not a Mercury Body Speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 11:19 pm:

I think Tim called it right. Double checked number 1249 to be sure.

Andy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration