1911 Beaudette on the Bay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1911 Beaudette on the Bay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry H on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 08:10 am:

Any idea where this goes price-wise?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1911-Ford-Model-T-Model-T-/302326135780?hash=item46640ab be4:g:-ZAAAOSwIQdZEPBh&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 08:35 am:

Its nice to see so many pictures. The front axle and rear end are "modern" but otherwise it looks like a decent car. I am wondering perhaps someone more familiar with stock T's what is the unattached wire for by spark plug #4? My guess is it will be bid to 24k and not meet the reserve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 09:11 am:

Chadwick..that "extra" wire is probably from someone buying the wrong re-pop set with 5 wires used for cars with elec. headlamps and no starter. They didn't want to spend $100+ for the correct 4 wire loom such as this one from Lang's. I love the quote..."7-day auction- I am looking for a buyer!"... YA THINK!!

https://www.modeltford.com/item/5030NOR.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 11:38 am:

When this car was listed on Craigslist, he wanted 29K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

For that kinda bucks he could at least try to polish the brass!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

My feeling on this car is it was probably assembled from parts by a person that had limited knowledge of correct Model T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 02:21 pm:

For that kinda bucks it could also have the friggin correct wire loom!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

Read the description. It's pretty clear. It's an older restoration. Perhaps the incorrect parts have been on that car as service items when the originals failed. It would be an enjoyable car to own and use. For a fair price of course.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 05:53 pm:

Careful now. We gonna get knocked for being harsh.
Beautiful car, from fifty feet away. Would be wonderful to drive and enjoy basically as is. The HCCA might even let you on their tours with it. (Probably would not be a problem, they are not as strict as the rule book reads.)
This car has been discussed before on this forum.
An older restoration, showing its age a bit. But a lot of nice original stuff under that paint. A perfect car to drive and enjoy as is for awhile, then change a few things to more correct as you go. Or just continue enjoying it as it is.

The seller is "looking for a buyer"? I would guess so. That sort of is the primary reason for a glitzy listing on eBad. Is he going to be reasonable on his idea of a selling price? Why should he. Lots of cars on eBad sell for way more than they are really worth. Think about what the pieces are worth. A proper 1911 engine is worth about twice what a '13 engine is worth, in similar condition. A proper, good 1911 rear end is worth about ten times what a nice '20s rear end is worth. You want the upholstery to be RIGHT? This you would have to strip down to the bare wood and springs and start all over. The total cost would be within a few hundred dollars of replacing the upholstery on the rustiest of original cars. (I am referring to the upholstery, not the rest of the body work.) You want to drive it and enjoy it? The seats look perfect to me.

So, what is it reasonably worth? (I hate putting a number on other people's cars.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Dang I thought we were going to all guess what it would be bid to.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration