Old Photo - Main Street Looking North, Jackson, Minn.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Main Street Looking North, Jackson, Minn.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 11:04 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 06:45 pm:

Lordy! I love these old pics. Thanks, Jay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 06:49 pm:

Alien alert!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 07:47 pm:

Main St. is apparently now 2nd St.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 11:00 pm:

It's amazing how many original buildings are still standing.
Thanks Jay and Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 11:08 pm:

Notice the Penny Farthing leaning against the Building

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 11:10 pm:

It's a shame all the artful "ginger bread" you see in the early photo was striped off to "modernize" the buildings to drab. :-(

Thanks Alan for the today photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 09:02 am:

I noticed that bike when I first grabbed the picture. If you zoom in on Google it is actually just painted on the brick, along with the lampposts. Just advertising for the antique shop that is in the building.

I got to ride a couple of those bikes once. I'd love to have one, but good original ones cost as much as Model T's, and are probably harder to find!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 07:45 pm:

They sell new reproduction Penny Farthings for less: http://www.hiwheel.com/antique_replicas/boneshaker_standard.htm

I've seen new reproductions for even less on Ebay but cannot find one right now with a quick search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 09:38 pm:

Hmmm, I don't know if it would be quite the same as the "real thing".

I'm the nervous-looking guy on the left. (It was my first time!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 10:55 pm:

Great pic Jay. Still looks old. Nice. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 11:15 am:

Unicycle with training wheel! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration