Am I missing a nut to my sediment bowl?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Am I missing a nut to my sediment bowl?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 12:26 pm:

26/27 cowl tank bowl. I have the steel fuel line, the whole sediment bowl assembly, and 2 packing nuts with felt. However, it looks like where the steel fuel line goes in there's supposed to be a threaded nut that holds the line in there. I don't have it, what does it look like?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 12:50 pm:

Feed pipe pack nut #2910 is listed for all years 09-26. Two per car, one at each end of the fuel line. At the carb it screws onto the #6154 elbow. The one at the other end attaches to the sediment bulb outlet. You can use the felt or a short piece of neoprene hose. I don't know how 1927 is different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

It looks like an elbow of some sort goes into the sediment bowl as well. I have the 2 pack nuts, and the elbow inlet for the carburetor. The fuel line is loose in the bowl and wiggles around. Noticed the outlet for the bowl has threading in it. Is there an elbow for the outlet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

There is an elbow that goes into the sediment bulb as well. The elbow should point straight down when installed. I believe it is the same elbow that goes to the carburetor. See http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/658484.html?1468234383

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

^yep, that's it! Exactly what I was looking for. The manual image is a little different than my bowl though. On mine the outlet is on the engine side of the bowl, not the front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

I'm guessing any elbow will probably work so long as it's the right thread and hole size. I'll see if I have something laying around.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration