Wish list for the T Museum Garage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wish list for the T Museum Garage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 12:07 am:

A while back there was a wish list of things needed for the vintage garage at the Museum, with the Homecoming getting very close I was just wondering if there is a updated version of this list. I plan on attending and could possibly haul something if somebody from my area wants to donate but are not going. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 11:39 am:

Thanks, Jim! The Vintage Garage is still looking for small, flat-belt driven machines (such as a lathe) or any small, typical automotive machine shop tools.

Also looking to fill the original parts cabinet with the original parts shown in the list below.

Non-tool related... Would love to have T-era garage calendars, G-rated pinups!, signs, anything that would have been typical in a Model T garage.

We are also looking for a wheelchair that is in good shape. We regularly have elderly folks visit the Museum who could stay longer if they could sit down.

THANK YOU! Remember that the MTFCA is a 501c3 nonprofit, so all donations are tax deductible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 03:07 pm:

Does everything on the list need to be new or NOS? I suspect not. I can supply some of the listed items that are: 1 somewhat used but pretty good (could be reused); 2 obviously should be replaced.

Is time period relevant, or is everything from 1909 to 1927 fair game?

Rear axle housings are not listed. Do you have all you need?

Also not listed is the steel mag coil shim replaced in later production by 3274 and 3275 paper shims and 3272-B steel shims. If you can use that I may be able to come up with one or two.

How about Model T era non-Ford parts (timers, plugs, etc.)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 05:00 pm:

Anything from the Model T era. It should be display ready. We will probably never reuse any of these parts, but are just trying to display a "stocked" display cabinet. I have been promised a couple of vises, post mounted drill presses and a couple of other flat belt driven machines found in an old repair shop. Let me know what you have and hopefully we can use it. Better yet bring it to our Homecoming and surprise me. Thanks all, Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott S. on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

Susan- we have a nice wheel chair less then 10 years old that we are willing to donate to the museum. We are coming to the homecoming on Saturday and can bring it with us then. This wheelchair has a few scratches and marks as it has made many trips in the back of a Model T but I think will serve the purpose that you are looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 09:19 pm:

Scott, that would be greatly appreciated! Yes, please bring to Homecoming if not too much trouble. Thank you SO much!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 11:28 pm:

Jerry,I am bring 10 Speed-wrenches for display in the shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Friday, June 02, 2017 - 12:28 am:

I'm leaving hopefully about noon tomorrow June 2nd for the homecoming if any one needs to transport something to the museum I can possibly pick up and deliver to Richmond. Also a question for Susan about trailer parking, where can we park securely overnight? Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 06:03 pm:

Bump

If someone has smaller items to donate - I provide free transport ( subject to availability ) to the MTFCA Museum in Richmond, IN ....... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 06:58 pm:

Yes Jim. I have a small early 1900s drill press. I live near Fort Worth, TX.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 07:11 pm:

Robert,

Right now I am leaving Wyoming on Sunday.

Headed to Montana - then Washington - then Indiana - then Tennessee- then North Carolina -,then back to Wyoming.

I get to Texas a few times a year.

PM me or email me with your contact information.

Thanks !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 11:20 am:

Freighter Jim,
PM sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 03:44 pm:

Hi Robert,

Received your PM.

Thanks !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

Jim, Robert has restored this drill press and sent me pictures a while ago. We would very much like to get it here. It would be too costly to ship. Thanks for your help.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration