Swap Meet, Sussex, New Brunswick Canada

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Swap Meet, Sussex, New Brunswick Canada
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

New project for the NB Antique Auto Club. The annual Sussex Flea Market in Sussex has devolved over the last 25 or so years into a general flea market with fewer and fewer antique car related vendors. This is an attempt to re-establish an auto related swap meet. Hope it works. I'll be there with some A and T stuff. Rain today but forecast is good for tomorrow

http://www.nbaac.org/swap-meet/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 07:45 pm:

Good luck Dave, we went three years ago and were disappointed in the lack of auto parts after hearing how great it was (at one time). Drove all the way from Kemptville Ontario looking for Mercury truck hubcaps and actually found one at one of the few car parts vendors. Unfortunately most auto flea markets suffer the same fate if the organizers don't maintain a strict control over the items offered. The big one in Barrie Ontario is a classic example of a great auto flea market that turned into a garage sale due to greedy promoters selling spots to anyone for a fee. Hershey on the other hand really polices the vending area and actually kicks out anyone with an obvious display of garage sale junk or any surplus of non-automotive stuff. It would be doing a great favor to the old car crowd if you can turn your event around and gain back the support of car guys in your area. Again , good luck. Cheers : Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

Thanks Bruce. The one in August is now well established as a general flea market with fewer car related items each year. The new one tomorrow is the club's attempt to establish a swap meet for collector car related items and will be regulated so that it doesn't meet the same fate as the August event, which is still a very good source of income for the club to finance it's various efforts. The only question now will be if the new event will get enough vendor support. Time will tell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 08:57 am:

Homemade pies always attract guys, :-) just ask the fellows that go to the Mother Lode Swap Meet in Calif.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 05:59 pm:

Just an update on todays "1st Annual Sussex Auto Swap Meet". Had a great day, about 100 vendors. Cool and damp but no snow. All of the vendors and buyers that I talked to thought it was great and most of the vendors were happy with their sales. Many buyers came to see what it was like and said that they would probably attend as vendors next year. The meet next year will be 2 days, May 26 and 27 and most vendors prepaid for their lots for next year. Thanks to everyone who participated!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 06:31 pm:

Good for you Dave. It's very rewarding to have your efforts recognized and appreciated. BTW, I'm still looking for a few stainless Mercury truck hubcaps if you see any down there. Cheers : Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

Hi Dave, Cool is an understatement! Great start, Met some old friends and met lots of new people . Came home to Nova Scotia with lots of necessary spare Model T parts. Good start and next year I am sure it will be bigger and better ( and warmer). Cheers, John in Nova Scotia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 09:02 pm:

I wasn't the organizer, just a participant. Thanks to Steve Clements and his team for recognizing the need and making this event a reality. Vendor registrations are being accepted for next year. Steve can be contacted at 506-455-6658 or by email at info@canadianrods.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 08:06 am:

Anyone tale any pictures to post here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 04:07 pm:

Bruce, I may be able to source a complete set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles - Moncton, New Brunswick on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

Glad to see an automotive swap meet in our area again. I built my first T from pieces at Sussex many years ago. This time I was back selling pieces. See you all next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 06:46 pm:

Thanks Rob : I really need one, but would be great to have a set. They are hard to find here in Ontario, especially the stainless ones.Thanks again : Bruce

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration