1925 Tudor gas tank removal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1925 Tudor gas tank removal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 05:01 pm:

Messin' with an un-restored '25 Tudor and thinkin' about taking the gas tank out but, so far, it's a puzzle. Don't see any bolts under or over the tank. I'm guessing the driver seat needs to be taken out first but, same thing. What do I undo?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

It is the lower seat frame that holds the gas tank in place. The wood screws around the base of the seat frame need to be removed.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 06:15 pm:

Thanks Rich. I can see two screws in the lower front and I think they have been there since 1925. How many screws are there? Some in the back too? After removing the screws I assume the seat come out by lifting straight up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 07:25 pm:

I think there are 3 on each side and 2 or 3 at the back. The carpet may make them hard to see. I can't get at mine right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

Here is how mine is. The screws are in the flange at the bottom of the seat frame just under the carpet that goes around it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 08:57 pm:

Many thanks Rich for taking the time for the pictures. That helps a lot. Wow, you car really looks nice. Mine still has the 1925 original wood in the floor and original interior. Doesn't look very good right now, but I think I'll leave it alone for now. Thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

Thanks John. I pieced mine together from parts. I would loved to have had one like yours to start with.
Enjoy it.
Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration