Chromed axle...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Chromed axle...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Bennett on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 09:42 pm:

Just had a friend send me this...

Who reckons they can verify that it was a TT axle... I mean before he had it machined down and chromed?

O.o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InZdes_abVM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 09:57 pm:

I bet someone could but nobody wants to touch it now....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

That is hard for me to swallow. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 09:00 am:

To me it looks like there are splines on the end of the shaft for the gear--That would not make it for a regular T (although it has the split lock rings similar to a T. A TT axle has splines but they are very course, not fine spline like that---at least from what I see. So I say it's not a Ford axle at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Drew Hallson on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 10:31 am:

Yes ha, no one will touch it now... "I mean before he had it machined down and chromed", spent many well spent dollars machining and chroming bright chrome for my Model T Best Chrome Shop in Houston

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 10:39 am:

Bet he can't turn it around and put gear in first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 12:58 pm:

Is this some kind of GAG?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brass TT on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 09:34 am:

I very much doubt it is a TT axle, simply by the way he is handling it. Unless he is a 'strong-man' as well as a swallower.
They are just too dang heavy to hold out in one hand like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 09:42 am:

While we're on the subject, has anyone ever hard chromed an original T rear axle shaft?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 11:03 am:

Machined Model T axle - one can see the split retainers on the axle gear !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 02:32 am:

R.V. I have had a couple of front bearing journals on tailshafts hard chromed back to spec. Does this count? They worked out really well.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration