Cleaning unglazed porcelain insultors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Cleaning unglazed porcelain insultors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ben Umberger on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 10:40 am:

Looking for advice, we're cleaning the unglazed porcelain insulators on a 1912 Heinze coil box.

What would you recommend we use to clean with?

Thanks

Ben

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 10:43 am:

Ben
Lower the air pressure on a bead blast cabinet to 40-50 Lbs and blast them. DO NOT use this procedure on glazed insulators.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 10:50 am:

What Ron said, or else use denture cleaner. Or both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 11:47 am:

I soaked mine in Clorox overnight. Turned out pretty good. Purex would work too. Because they dont have the glazed surface they wont get pearly white.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 11:57 am:

Polident tablet denture cleaner in water overnight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 04:01 pm:

I've heard of using easy off oven cleaner, but never tried it myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

My wife gets really mad when she gets up in the morning to put her teeth in and finds I have a couple of spark plug porcelain soaking in there with them. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ben Umberger on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 09:29 pm:

Thank you gents

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

Gets your new chompers white and old Ford coil box insulators too :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration