What would have been mounted here?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What would have been mounted here?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt cwynar on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 01:38 pm:

I was looking at the lip under the front fender and noticed 3 holes on the driver side but not the passenger. I'm guessing at some point there may have been some accessory mounted here but not sure what it could have been. Any ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

Mud flap?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

Are there holes on the back fender too? Since there is no door on the driver side, many times the owners would bolt a board across the two fenders and use it with the running board for a luggage rack or for carrying tools if they used the vehicle as a work truck.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

After market luggage rack some were bolted from fender to fender others had clamps under the running board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

Some type of carrier or luggage rack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt cwynar on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 03:42 pm:

Those ideas would make sense. There are no holes on the back fender

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 06:20 pm:

We saw one in Jackson Mississippi with a luggage rack bolted in holes in the fenders. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 06:50 pm:

The cars are 80 - 90 years old the rear fender could have been replaced or patched therefore eliminating the holes for the rack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt cwynar on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 08:14 pm:

Ya Dennis that would make sense I would not be surprised if it had been replaced. Everyone Thank you for all your ideas I bet it was a luggage rack.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration