Why the Hump?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Why the Hump?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

The only reason that I can think of the hump would be for a Ruckstell. What am I missing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 06:00 pm:

Scott,

The top replacement panel appears to be the same as Lang's S145. It does NOT have the Hump. The note says "Center hump panel sold separate. (Panel inside deck area).

You would need to use your old hump and cut a hold and install that hump. Or you would need to order part S145H -- Roadster and Roadster pickup, center hump only for rear spring.

Or if both pieces were missing or rusted badly you could order the S145WH that is your lower picture. They have already installed the hump.

Using the 2015 prices you can save $5.50 by ordering the individual parts and installing it yourself. For most of us if we needed both parts -- we would spend the extra $5.50. For someone good with sheet metal they would probably make the small panel themselves.

I hope that makes sense to you.

Very Respectfully,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

Why would a Ruckstell have anything to do with the hump? Think about it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 06:51 pm:

The hump provides clearance for the rear spring and crossmember - here is a picture of a speedster showing a cutout in the floor where the hump is needed.

hump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

marty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Thank you. That makes sense now. In my 23 Coupe I don't have to worry about the hump and that is why I was confused. The fourm is great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john f stephens-marcle on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

Tom, I am so glad you posted this photo of Igor, Best movie spoof E-V-E-R !!! Although, Mel Brooks's film "Silent Movie" might be a better fit to this forum !!Ha ha ha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia, St. Louis, MO. on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 10:12 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 10:35 pm:

It is not Wednesday yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 11:53 am:

Street rodders with a non Ford frame usually don't want or need the hump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 12:37 pm:

Those Marty Feldman eyes!!
:-)
"Whot hump, sir?"

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration