Phone call from Noah Stutzman

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Phone call from Noah Stutzman
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

I sent my rear wheels to Stutzman's, I took them to
a UPS store on May 3rd. They were delivered on May 5th. Noah called today and they are all done. Now that is fast service. Of course only 2 wheels is faster than all 4, but still good service. I am looking foreword to seeing them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 06:32 pm:

Me too. Let us all know about it. I've always dealt with Calimers in Pennsylvania, but they have a 6 month waiting list. Are your wheels round felloe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

He's consistently good like that. He has done four or five sets for me now and it's always like that. He runs a very efficient operation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 07:28 pm:

Agreed. He's done 5 for me so far. Excellent results. I'm lucky, I can take my wheels to him personally. It's a nice drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

Tim,

I hope the Indians have a great season. You must be on pretty good terms with Noah having 5 wheels or sets done... I saw somewhere else that you are not coming to the homecoming this year. Maybe next??? I think it would be awesome if Noah was able to come to the Homecoming in 2018. I know that I would like to thank him personally for the 4 wheels that he has done for me. I am sure there are a few other people who would just love to meet him. Maybe you could plant the seed???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 04:15 am:

Amish don't usually like to be publicly recognized for work they do; they don't think that one should be prideful, and public recognition reeks of it. This may not be true of all groups of Amish. A thank you is fine, but it is not good in their minds to draw attention to oneself.
Because of this, I doubt Noah would ever attend a T gathering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 06:43 am:

Yes indeed he is a fine guy....made my spokes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By craig hall on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 07:40 am:

I had my wheels done on my 25 coupe by Noah last year, I kept them natural with Spar Varnish, 4 coats and I love them. Noah is a magician with wood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 10:21 am:

Scott..thanks for the Indians support! Right now they need it...the Priest even prayed for 'em at the end of Mass today! Up and down, you know how that goes! Ha ha.

Yeh, can't make it to Homecoming this year, wish I could. Originally had room reserved and all, but had to cancel. I am definitely planning on the big shindig in 2018 though!

David, to Clarify, Noah is actually Mennonite, so his "rules" are a bit more relaxed than true Amish. Indeed, to that extent, as our local car club is sponsoring the MTFCI's Jan. '18 annual mtg. here in Ohio, I talked him into putting on a short "display" of how he does his work as part of the days tour to "Amish country" for attendees. I'll have more on that later this year.

And that said, Scott, yep, just maybe he'd be willing to do the same next year. I'll be talking to him about it. Transportation will be his biggest drawback, I don't think even Mennonites have automobiles. But they will "hitch a ride" in one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 11:34 am:

It depends on the Mennonite. Some have cars, some don't. If they have a car, it's supposed not to be ostentatious - a Chevy, not a Mercedes. I met a Mennonite farmer at a wooden-boat-building course in Maine. He was a dedicated Mennonite, but he kept a Cessna 172 at his farm!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

Ah, Tim, yes, that's quite different, we have many Mennonites around here, including my neighbors. Wonderful neighbors, BTW. They have automobiles, and he works as a machinist. So, depending on Noah's sect, he might attend. Would certainly be wonderful to have him there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Hostalets de Pierola (Spain) on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 07:27 pm:

I bought my first car in 1977 from a Mennonite. It was a 1940 Ford, black with blackwall tires. He sold the car because his wife had broken her hip and it was a difficult car for her to get into with the wide running boards. I was told that he courted her many years prior on an Indian motorcycle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Butler on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 08:24 pm:

Noah called me Saturday. My wheels are done too. I am awaiting their return. Mine were a bit tough as they are dished. He doesn't really do dish "T" wheels normally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

I too received a call from Noah last week. He told me he would send them rolling West as soon as he receives my check!

Our ranch was formerly owned by by a Mennonite dairy farmer. Most of the Mennonites in our area sold their farms and moved to town to start businesses. Very good people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

My rear wheels came back from Stutzman's today. I think they look great. They were gone 5 weeks and one day. Photo attached

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 10:51 pm:

It bothers me that the rims and spokes cant be primed or painted or even powder coated before he puts together ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 11:10 pm:

He put mine together and they were painted black enamel. He is concerned that you might be upset if they get scratched in the process. That is something you just deal with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 11:53 pm:

I made the mistake of priming my rims and hubs before he put the wheels together. When I got the new wheels I painted them. Then when I started mounting tires I found that the paint with primer under it was easily nicked and I soon had the wheels looking terrible. So I masked the wood with Gorilla tape, blasted the metal bare, and repainted the wheels with appliance epoxy enamel. The wheels look much better.

We don' need any steenking primer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 06:20 am:

Us neither....Me holding hat in Laredo 1955 LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 09:25 am:

Actually Noah WILL blast and prime the rims (well I guess actually that's the felloe as mine are demountables) for $50 each. Had him do mine for my '20.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration