Old photo - A simpler time...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old photo - A simpler time...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

I for one wish I could go back to that simpler time.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 08:40 am:

No air conditioners back then, Joe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 08:53 am:

It wasn't a simpler time, it was now only then. There were still rumors of wars, financial hardships and medicine was pretty archaic...the only thing they had going for them that we don't have now...is national pride and patriotism among adults and college age youth. Something that is hard to find these days...if it exists at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 09:01 am:

Well said Martin. The most important things are getting hard to find these days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 09:24 am:

Visiting the old frontier post of Fort Laramie I was struck by astute military planning that placed the post bakery next to the stable. This was before the days of window and door screens, and those little black things in your bread weren't raisins.

Our memory tends to be selective, and we remember the positive while we forget the negative. Like the rest of us, I'm nostalgic for certain aspects of the past. But I've also read Otto Bettmann. Would I want to go back to 1890 or 1915 or 1940? I'd love to visit. I'm not so sure I'd want to live there.

https://www.amazon.com/Good-Old-Days-They-Terrible/dp/0394709411

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 09:39 am:

Yeah,.....it'd be nice to go back, if only we could take our doctors and dentists with us, eh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 09:55 am:

Go back selectively yes! I would like to be treated by Grayfeather again, he knew how to heal. But in the 70's our government changed the rules and just because my grandmother was Creek no longer made me eligible to be treated by the tribal medicine man, in fact if he treated any one who did not live on the reservation he was subject to jail time. His children did not follow in his footsteps and now that he is gone they want to know what he knew about roots and herbs. Oh well! rant over

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration