Model T Auction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T Auction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Schuster on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 10:02 am:

Randy Driscoll Estate
Ford Model T & Model A Auction
Saturday July 8, 2017 - 10:00 AM
41890 170th St. SW East Grand Forks, MN
Details at: www.midwestauctions.com/schuster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 10:27 am:

Very nice and it really look's like a good sale!Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 10:35 am:

Wow sure does. Love to have the neon Ford sign or even the Globe. Bet they both go for mega-bucks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael W. Herndon on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 11:54 am:

Hey.... how come there are no front doors on that 1912 body? ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 11:58 am:

We've never owned a brass era T but if I were able to get an early one with removable fore doors, I'd certainly keep them, but would roll without them. To me part of the lure is the open-ness :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

Not quite Manitoba, but you can see it from there. :-) Too bad it's so far away. Looks like a good one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Duquette Grand Forks, ND on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

Four miles from me, across the Red River of the North and into Minnesota. I will be there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

That '29 fordor Model A shown is a rare Briggs Blindback; production numbers for them are less than those for the A400('31 Convertible Sedan), yet they don't get much attention. Real sleeper there.
And the Snow-Bird; WOW!! Looks like a real neat auction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 03:14 pm:

Michael - it's a March 1911 car, so it shouldn't have any fore doors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

The 1911 "project car" s/n 84688, would be a late '11 with dip type fore-doors. With one photo, there is not a lot of detail, but the sill looks different from mine. It might be a bitsa.

The earliest fore-door car I know is 83913.
Mine is 85532.

When did Randy Driscoll pass away?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

http://www.dandahlfuneralhome.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1715170

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael W. Herndon on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

Roger.. Thanks.. shows what I don't know, eh? ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 06:18 pm:

The auction produced some real bargains based on what I viewed on line. Wish I would have been a bidder in hind sight, even would have been better if I could have attended. The online event had about 40 items available I think but from what I heard there were even greater bargains on the on site auction for parts and other items. Did anyone here buy the March 1910 open valve block? WOW 2200.00 that's a bargain which also had the timer cover and fluted oil cap. I'm very happy for at least one person I know that bought a big ticket item. I bet it was a lot of fun despite the reason the things were being sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 06:37 pm:

Any idea who got the 1911 restored car?
Or the 1911 "project car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick mischler on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 06:40 pm:

Does any body know results of early touring prices thanks patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Yes, I'm happy to announce that I am no longer searching for a 1911 Model T Touring; I purchased the green 1910 Touring from the Randy Driscoll auction today, at 25K! I think that was a fair price!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 06:59 pm:

Bill-

pics, pics, pics!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

Wow! Congratulations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

Right now the only pics I have are from the auction site. I'm in the process of arranging payment/delivery since I was an online bidder. But believe me, once she arrives I will be flooding the site with photos!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 07:06 pm:

Congrats! Bill my dad is there now and has bought a lot of parts he called and told me he thought you had bought it. If you ever want to talk 09-10 Ts give me a call. Stop by if you are ever in the Battle Creek area. Mark Eyre

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

Here are some photos I have that were sent to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 07:16 pm:

Thanks, Mark, I will indeed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

Very nice. Congrats. I'm sorry that you had to settle for a 1910 after searching so long for a 1911... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick mischler on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

Congratulations bill good price

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Duquette Grand Forks, ND on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

Bill,
I was at that auction today. Beautiful car and well bought. Congratulations!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

Congrats, Bill. Your patience paid off. Boy, that looks sweet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 12:01 am:

Lots of parts both early late were for sale at the auction. Most parts went at pretty reasonable prices. I bought the open valve block for a friend at a very reasonable price. I thought the cars went at under market prices, if I had my truck and trailer there I'd have bought an unrestored 10, it went pretty cheap. Scott Schuster and Stan Howe did a great job with the auction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

If someone could get Bills 10 to Indiana I could drive, er store it for him till it finds a way home.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration