Spring is here, and I'm happy!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Spring is here, and I'm happy!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

Well, Rusty started making a new whirring sound yesterday and refused to self commence. So today I started to poke into the change and discovered that like most Model T afficianodos I am easily pleased by simple things. I found a nice cool shady spot not far from my Model T to lay down and rest... unfortunately it was a bit gravelly so that my back got poked by gravel and dropped bolts were hard to spot. Another good thing is that I don't get oil drips in my hair... as I now have very little hair!

Well before long I was pleased to know that my first attempt at locating that unique sound was successful:

A perfunctory search of my shop turned up no Bendix springs so, unfortunately, that means that I either close Rusty up and wait a week for the Auburn Swap Meet or figure something else out.

Whilst pondering this I went up into the loft over my shop to sulk in solitude. D.D. (deaf dog) followed me up there so lacking solitude I started opening boxes and low and behold:

Boy was I happy at this sight. I took the best one down to Rusty:

In about 15 minutes Rusty was able to just barely self-commence... just as he could yesterday morning. I think this adequately defends the action I routinely take when Terrie says "get rid of this junk!" I just wish that I could always find where I squirreled away just the right part I need, when I need it! Last week I spotted a replacement tie rod end just when I needed it and now this spring makes me very happy.

BTW, we are also having a really nice spring here which also makes me happy... just look at the grin!

TH

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration