A perfect 21" split rim, if there is one....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: A perfect 21" split rim, if there is one....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 04:59 pm:

Does anyone know the I.D. of a perfectly round 21" split Ford rim?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

21" split rim has I.D. of 21"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 10:44 pm:

Dan, just so I did not confuse anyone, the dimension that I am looking for is the ID of the rim itself. See image.
Is that still the 21" dimension?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 11:16 pm:

The 21" dimension is where the tire is seated, so to get the inner dimension you'll have to reduce with two times the rim thickness, that's 23mm in the repro rim above, or about 1/4". So the inner diameter would be about 20-3/4" or slightly above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 07:45 am:

John, that rim is of Canadian manufacture.

Here is the tire tool that goes with those 4 holes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 09:04 am:

That is not one of my rims, just found the picture on the internet. Mine are actually Hayes rims with a galvanized finish. Over the years they have become a bit out of round and I need a starting point to get them back right.

Thanks to those who responded!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 09:09 am:

Ha Ha, that is my rim posted---probably posted that here ten or so years ago.

John, good luck trying to get them straight again. Always fun trying to save old parts.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration