Fixin the 19

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Fixin the 19
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

I finally had sometime to work on the Model T.
It hasn't run just right since the motor swap - low power in high gear when going up a slight hill.

Today I gapped the plugs at .025 -they were at .030 - cleared the fuel line - blew air back towards the tank to be sure that nothing was blocking the flow - and reset the float in the NH carb.

I was thinking that I should just switch to my spare NH carb but realized that one on the car had an offset drain and was a center drain.

At first I thought I would just swap the bowls but when I took them apart it became apparent that the was a difference.

I thought about putting the offset drain bowl on the center drain carb because the slots are to allow the gas to get to the center drain but just put the whole offset assembly back on.

By the way - The car now has significantly more power in high gear on the slight hill so I must have done something right!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration