My 1925 Ford Model T at Weekend on Wheels :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: My 1925 Ford Model T at Weekend on Wheels :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Taylor on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 06:29 am:

Shae and myself took my 1925 Ford Model T to Weekend on Wheels on Sunday.

Allan Walters won Best Vintage for his 1929 Chrysler 75 Ė congratulations Allan, well deserved, considering the 30+ years it took to get your car looking as fantastic as it does today

The weather was threatening in the morning, and drizzled a little, but cleared up to a somewhat warm and sunny afternoon.

I estimate almost 200 cars were present, with the usual hot rods, trucks, motorcycles.

Not many original vintage cars there, aside from street rods, my 1925 Ford Model T and Allanís 1929 Chrysler 75 were the oldest original classics there.

Al Brysonís Austin Healey Sprite quickly had the hood up when the rain started!

Enjoy the video :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnRkPnEj2bA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 08:45 am:

I did Mitch! Wow, if you had one more pound of air in the tires of that touring, I think you'd rip the top off backing it out of the garage!!

Don't ask me why, it just seems "weird" to see so many American cars "over there"!! Really nice. Good to see your T and the Chrysler together. Oh yeh, cute Border Collie too! I love your opening and closing background music also!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 09:31 am:

Real tight fit backing out of that garage! Did you use the valve lash feeler gauge when setting the door height?
Good video Wife being a big fan of that movie soundtrack I had to play it twice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

Mitch - Very nice video and it sure looked to be a fun day with quite a variety of vehicles. Something for everybody, right?

One minor detail struck me as sort of odd. Seems like just about every station wagon type vehicle ( not sure what they're called "down under", but it seems like most of them had what I'd call (for lack of a better name) "venetian blinds" on the rear window and rear side windows! I know that a huge portion of Australia has nearly unbearable sunshine, and I suppose the "Venetian Blinds" surely must make good sense, but it's something that we just don't normally see in our "hemisphere"!

Thanks again for the great photos and video,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Taylor on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

Tim and G.R. Cheshire...
Yes it is a tight fit out of my garage, literally only about a quarter inch clearance!!

Harold...
Yes a lot of early station wagons had those venetian blinds in the back, lots of 1960's Holdens (GM's in the States) had them. Lots of people here used them for sleeping in, among other things!! And yes the hot summer sun can get pretty nasty at times!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration