Gasoline filter 26 27 model t

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Gasoline filter 26 27 model t
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert M Davis on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

I took the filter apart cleaned it then put it back together now the adjustment arm that opens and closes flow of gas instead of turning down for open and up to close mine goes always around is there an adjustment or a certain way to put it back together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 01:56 pm:

Mine completely spins around too on my 26. They changed the handle with the Model A so it only does a quarter turn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert M Davis on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 02:02 pm:

Thanks Tom Mine leaks or drips constantly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 04:15 pm:

The packing nut can be tightened if the leak is dripping from the valve shaft. You can also buy more packing material from the usual suppliers.

I also used the fuel proof grease when I rebuilt mine. No drips and it turns easily.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 04:24 pm:

I have two of them. Stock units. All spin 360 degrees. One points down for off and up for closing. The other points to the engine for open and 180 degrees for closing. If it drips all the time it probably needs the valve stem cleaned and lapped in the iron body. Use some Easyturn on the valve stem and tighten the packing nut. Generally that's all it takes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 06:13 pm:

I used Permatex fuel resistant sealant. It works very well in stopping leaks.
https://www.permatex.com/products/gasketing/gasket-sealants/permatex-permashield -fuel-resistant-gasket-dressing-

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 06:31 pm:

EZ Lube works very well to stop the drip and let it turn.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration