Model t headlight lenses

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model t headlight lenses
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

Really sorry to ask a crazy question about the head lights lenses. Should the ribbed side of the glass be to the outside or to inside the bucket??? Thanks in advance. I looked on old posts put could find the answer. I have the ribbed part to the inside and I have never paid any attention. And they were apart for months. Thanks for the info. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

Yes, ribbed to the inside for the "H" lenses used 1922-27.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 03:54 pm:

Hey thanks a lot. I swapped out and put some purple colored lenses on my 26 profile car. They sorta match the paint. I also forgot to look and pay any attention after one of those 15 hour days at work just checking.. Thanks again Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 08:19 pm:

Yes, inside the bucket...they're supposed to disperse the light outward...have to have the prisms crests inside to do that.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration