1927 Tudor door hinge pins

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1927 Tudor door hinge pins
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen McConachie on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 06:46 am:

Hi

I asked a while back about suppliers of hinge pins for 1927 Tudors.

I have 1 old pin that measures .275 diameter and 1.850 long.

I have been looking on Snyders and Langs websites and books but there is no obvious replacement hinge pin this size.
What have other people used for these?

Cheers
Glen McConachie
Dunedin
New Zealand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 09:32 am:

Sounds like 7mm. You may have to make your own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

If you add these mirrors (they work well but require custom fitting) you will only need 4 pins total. https://www.modeltford.com/item/7854H.aspx I may be able to find the two I removed to add the mirrors, but you could probably make them long before they could get to you from the US. The 0.275 dimension is very close to 7mm as Stephen stated. Conversion gives you a metric measure of 6.985 mm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

I think I may have mentioned this in your post months ago. The 1931 Slant Windshield Fordor uses the same diameter pin but it's 0.10" inch shorter.

It may be possible to friction weld extra stock to the end or weld and grind it to size.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 03:00 pm:

I had the same issue when replacing the door pins on my 16 coupelet. In the end I machined new ones from stainless steel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen McConachie on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 12:53 am:

OK cool, I was looking at the catalogs last night and it was starting to get confusing. After sleeping on it I had another look this morning and it looks like the 31 slant window coupe ones will fit with a bit of weld on the end to make them longer. I am assuming the catalogue dimension of .279 diameter for the A-46335-B pins is measured across the knurling under the rivet head?
Thanks guys for the pointers again

Cheers
Glen

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration