Tube stem blow out

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Tube stem blow out
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 08:55 am:

Well I learned something. Running TT Truck with 4.40 by 23 tires on rear. Tire blew when the tube core stem blew out of the tube! Never knew how a tube was constructed like this! I have another thread asking for advice on the split rim wheel before I take it to a truck shop today Note machining on metal stem to grip?? the rubber???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 09:53 am:

A good truck tire shop can vulcanize a new stem in place. They will not likely be familiar with a split rim and may need your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 09:59 am:

Split rim, or split ring? They're often confused. If it's the latter, they probably will be familiar with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 10:10 am:

If your tube hasn't been ruined, you can install an original metal valve stem that was used when the truck left the factory. Simply find out what the size of that valve stem is, and find some. Next, follow the guidelines that have been posted on this forum many times, and you should be able to re-use that tube.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration