Engine swap

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Engine swap
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Franko on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 09:29 am:

I'll be putting a 1926 engine in my 14. Do I need to change the timing cover to adapt the original type riveted fan or will the 1926 fan housing clear the radiator? Thank you in advance! Tim Franko

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 09:34 am:

You have to use the 14 fan. The 26 timing cover may not have the boss for the adjusting bolt if it is a late cover. There is also a clearance issue with the starter boss and the firewall bracket, you can't get to the upper outside bolt with the bracket in place. The floor board will also have to be change due to the pedal spacing.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 09:46 am:

1926 pedals, earlier floor boards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 09:54 am:

The '26 fan is mounted on the water outlet - that is directed towards the high radiator, not towards a low brass radiator, so you'll need another outlet on the head - and thus you'll need another fan bracket too.

(If you really need a fan.. I drive without, but I never participate in parades and traffic rarely stands still for more than a minute where I'm driving )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Franko on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 09:57 am:

Thank you Steve! I never even thought about the floor board issue. That's why this forum is so helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 11:10 am:

Any's correct IF you use the 26-27 transmission, but if you use a 26-27 block with a 25 or earlier transmission, pedal spacing and floorboards, will not be affected.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 11:34 am:

Why ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 11:44 am:

The wider 1926-27 brake drum requires the 1926-27 transmission cover to correctly align the brake band.

You may also need the later oil pan to use the longer bolts on the back plate/brake drum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

The large low band pedal may interfere with your hand brake.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration