Width of tt truck?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Width of tt truck?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 06:00 pm:

have to type this left handed, don't ask. but the /t won this round.
someone offered me att rolling chassis and I want to make sure it fit on my trailer. all i can find is the length of the tt, not the width.
same width a t?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

If with rims figure an extra 2 feet over a car chassis, if with tires add an extra foot for a total of 3 extra. The front is the same width and the rear a little bit more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 07:46 pm:

The front width, whether you look at axle length, hubcap to hubcap, or outside to outside at the fenders is, by definition, the same as a regular T. The out to out dimension of the rear wheels will probably be about 3 inches more than a regular T due to bigger thicker rear tires.

Remember, although the TT is longer and heavier, the front end sheet metal, the engine mountings, the front axle, and the radiator are all the same parts as a regular T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

Robert
Did your right hand get bit by the crank handle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

yes knew better, but had brain fart. was crank starting it all day long at a show with thosrt q/t turn upward pulls and it started every time. One time it didn't start and the crank ended up around the two oclock position. for some reason, I put my right hand on the crank and started to slowly crank it just to get it back into the 8 oclock position arian and it chugged and pushed back about 2 inches. broke four bones in the forearm and wrist
but I won a trophy!

no surgery, but various repositioning casts over the next 5 to 8 weeks

lesson learned

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 08:47 pm:

ow-that smarts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

believe me, smarts had nothing to do with it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 10:11 pm:

When I did that it hurt so bad I passed out on the ground. That's why now I preach the Gospel of proper cranking.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration