Old Photo - On Patrol

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - On Patrol
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 11:33 pm:

I would be happy to have a job like this. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 08:40 am:

Well, until there WAS a fire, then maybe not so much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 10:07 am:

I wonder how many fires were started by the sparks from the steel wheels ? always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 10:20 am:

I wonder if that could be the old Mt. Lowe railway from Pasadena?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 10:20 am:

Interesting, not a new Ford - USFS wasn't established until 1916. Looks like a '13 T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Drone-Ypsilanti, MI on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 02:50 pm:

looks like the sign is covering over half of the radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 03:01 pm:

It looks like no air flow would make the motor run hot. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 03:52 pm:

Noticed the hand tools on the side of the T. I wonder if his job was to follow steam locomotives looking for any fires started by stray sparks.
Our local train museum has a crew in a speeder follow the train on excursions for that reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 04:23 pm:

Looks like the axle is bent out and the crank is behind it.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

Good idea unless the fire is in front of you!!! Good luck turning around to get away. Looks pretty high up. Fire wont burn with no oxegen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 07:46 pm:

Yes Dennis, the Fire Patrol is looking for small fires started by hot embers from a steam locomotive that recently passed by. Even with the screens in a diamond stack a fire could happen in certain areas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

This is a publicity still. The white lines are drawn to show the publisher how the author of the article wants the photo cropped. Usually the white line is a red or black line drawn on the negative... like this:

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 03:02 pm:

Must be one of those optical illusions, Looks really wide track.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 04:11 pm:

It does look really wide - what's standard rail gauge ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

4' 8.5" jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 06:00 pm:

Model T track 56" right ? Perfect fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

I'm thinking what a great job that would have been for me, especially if there were no fires to fight. Spending the day by yourself in the high country. Maybe getting the chance to wet a fly in a creek once in awhile. Life would have been good!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration